Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Container Gardening



I've been busy this week trying to get the garden and the deck containers in order before the long weekend. I thought I would show you what is on my deck so far.




I bought two small side tables to use as plant staging on my deck this year. I already had two smaller ones, and I've combined them all to get the look of a baker's rack, without the steep price. I will add a hanging shelf soon.




The urn planters were from Michael's a few years ago. So far, I have a pot of blue pansies and some scented geraniums in them. The pansies will have to be replaced once the weather begins to get hotter. I'm thinking I may go for purple and orange as my colors this year... maybe a little chartreuse thrown in. :)




Another corner of the deck sports some lantana, nasturtium, and a standard hibiscus. I need to find some heliotrope to add to the nasturtium, and maybe some good old-fashioned marigolds. I'm loving all the orange that is so fashionable in decorating this year.




Well, that's about it so far. I did add a new cranesbill geranium to the garden yesterday. If the deer haven't eaten it, I may show you a picture tomorrow. lol




It's light out and the birds are singing here at 5:00 am these days, which means our cat has been bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and meowing at the bedroom door this morning. So here I am, putting the finishing touches on this post at 5:26 am.

Good morning, dear bloggers! :)

18 comments:

  1. Good Morning to you, too! I have the urge to visit the garden shop, but it is now so hot ........ I'll enjoy your planters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your planters...and the flowers of course! The deck must be looking very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the planters and you have given me a great idea as I have some old metal tables that I can paint and stack on my deck this year!
    Have fun gardening and I have to say I love the pansies in that planter, what color!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmygosh! It's summer!!!! Yipee! Very pretty, too, Mary. I love pansies and these photos - red, white and blue, really - always such a beautiful sight!=]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a treat...the lantana was my mother's favorite....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ~ so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks lovely. I bought the same lantana and started to pot some flowers today but need to buy more. :-) Enjoy the long weekend! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these urns and the big tall one too. Orange is such a fun color and I can see some in here. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me those wonderful comments.
    peace n abundance,
    CheyAnne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks beautiful, and the plants are so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all very pretty, Mary! Your pansies are so lovely. Bess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our cranesbill geranium has taken over one entire bed. I didn't realise how well the deer had kept it in check in the days before the deer fence!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same problem as Pondside the geranium take over the garden. Could I borrow the deer for a pruning trip. I the smiling faces on the pansies. Enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty Mary! I love those little pansies and like how you've put the tables together in the graduating sizes to resemble a bakers rack. Great idea!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, so lovely! I love all your garden photos. I enjoyed my visit. Thanks!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I just found you today,, I've come from lavendar Dreams,, I'm a newbie and I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very pretty! You certainly have an eye for arranging your plants. Love the urns! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very beautiful Mary.. Your one very busy lady.. Hand over some energy. :) Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!